Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Blessings of Family!


Working in the family, with the family, is the most rewarding thing to do! When you have a great family like mine, a large family, with two brothers in law, and a nephew. When you have a large family, everyone shares the work.
Sometimes, when you are putting the children to work, it is like pushing a wet noodle up a fridge. You moms and sisters would know what I am talking about. They would rather play, then work. I know, I was there once. I still preferr to play, then work, but I know that my family will suffer, if I don't get supper ready!
I don't know how many of you are pack rats, but I surely am. I have a hard time keeping my room clean. It is a small room, with a small corridor on either side of the bed, and a tiny closet. I have a dresser, a desk and a bookshelf tightly squeezed in there. On top of that, I don't have the space for all of my things, sewing machine, bins of patterns, and material, and yarn for projects. I am an avid writer, so I have stories floating around my room!
Then I look at my little sisters' room, and I see them mirroring me, and I am thinking, " This is bad!" I don't want them to end up like me, a pack rat," and so I go and clean up my room. I get motive, and an incentive, to clean my room! Thank the Lord for little children!
And we are working in a family business, making energy bars for hikers, bikers, skiiers, and any athletic sport! It is starting to pick up, and we are so excited. It is the best energy bar out there, Bar None! We have several stores, and now Mount Rainier has ordered them for emergency stash. It is so fun, to see what the Lord has been doing with His business! We are His instruments in this business! Praise the Lord!
And now that my nephew has been born, I look forward the the possibilities of being an aunty. I have not seen him yet, but hope to someday soon! Or maybe for Christmas!:)
And just being a part of a family, is the most important thing in anyone's life! I, being still single, living at home, with my family, I realized the importance of the family, and life without them, would be bleak!
Just to let you know, do not take your family for granted! They are placed on this earth, for your developement and nurturing of your soul. They sharpen you, and you sharpen them! So don't knitpick them! And don 't say they don't understand! They do, they are the ones who know you the most!
Enough for you for now! Now you know a little bit about me, and my family!
Laura for the Hines Family Homestead!

1 comment:

Mrs. Anna T said...

Glad you're back, Laura... and... you promised us more Gabriel pictures! ;)