Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Greetings!

Hello,
Well, a new year has arrived, and we are nigh on into May. My sister Sarah has been married for more than a year, and she is expecting her first baby. And now, my second sister, Rebecca, is getting married on April 14th. Wow! Time flies fast!
Well, let me introduce you to my family!Mark works at retail currently. Mom is a homemaker, and a wonderful example to all of us. Laura(me) is 25 and still living at home. She helps her mother, sometimes, and works in the homebusiness, with her Dad. Matt, 24, is working retail also, and is interested in politics. Sarah(Hines)Saffer, is 22, and married to Clay Johnathan Saffer, the youngest of John and Linda Saffer. She is currently living in Spokane with Clay, and is expecting their first baby. Rebecca, or Becca, is 20 and is engaged to be married to Sean Alexander,25, this month. Clara, 11, is a homemaker in training, and loves horses. Stephen, 9, is a fan of tractors and trucks, and dreams of having his own farm. Caleb, or KK, 7, is our tractor guy. He loves to ride on the riding lawnmower, that we have, when ever Dad brings it out. Hannah, 6, is a prissy little miss, whose knickname is, Squirt, loves to read books, and plant flowers. She is afraid of chickens.:) Emma, 4,our tomboy, also known as Munchkin, loves the outdoors, and animals. She also loves to get dirty. This is my family in a nut shell.
We have always homechurched, as long as I can remember. And homeschooled since I was in second grade. Since that time, I have been helping Mom with the schooling of the younger children, while furthering my education at home. I am currently studying screenplay writing, and tayloring. I have a very creative mind! Matthew is interested in politics, though I don't see what is so interesting about it. It is mind boggling!
My Dad's dream has been to have a farm, to raise our own food. I have always followed that dream, but at the same time, am scared.What do we know about farming? Nothing, Zilch! But it is a dream. And it is nice to dream!
Well, now it is time to get the kitchen ready to paint. This is going to be our first time, that a different color was painted in our kitchen, and it is rather exciting!
Til next time,
Laura Hines for the Hines Family Homesteaders!

No comments: